Friday, January 25, 2008

The First Tank

So this week, the second week I had a moment of crisis . . . or a few rolling moments of crisis. The fatigue of running all over the place constantly, not being able to keep up the housework became really overwhelming. It had nothing to do with the academic work or anything like that, just the taking care of ordinary business in the middle of un-ordinary life. Comforting though to know that I will soon feel that this is ordinary life.

The true blessing was in the comfort of community. Today I was feeling totally better since having great encouraging conversations with Janet, Joyce and Jessie (that's right people, most of my best friends have names that start with J). And then after my long day of classes I went right to the pool to watch the kids swim lessons and relieve Jessie. By time we got home it was dark, snowing and I had an hour to get ready to go out with the girls. In the car Cayden asked me if I had seen my surprise. I told him I had not and where was it. All he said was "at home". To my amazment . . . when I arrived home the three above mentioned friends had cleaned my home from top to bottome (yes, people that is 2000 sq. ft of hardwood floors:). I crumpled into a bunch of tears knowing I am indeed going to make it through these years with such an amazing community around me.

And to top the evening off, I went with a bunch of girlfriends for an intimate dinner at Jessica's house to be with our friend Roberta. It was an awesome evening of sweet harvesty soup, wine, fine cheeses and chocolates! And to top it off wonderful conversation and refocusing of my heart and soul. I came home at 1am inspired and sure I can conquer the next week. What a gift of amazing women in my life.

No comments: